You do not have to have a visa to travel to the United States assuming that you are a citizen of one of the participating countries (listed below) in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). However, you must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization prior to travel. You may obtain an ESTA here.

If you are eligible to travel on the Visa Waiver Program, but prefer to have a visa in your passport, you may still apply for a visitor (B) visa. For more information on the VWP or to apply for a visa, click here

The list of participating countries in the Visa Waiver Program are:

A - Andorra, Australia, Austria
B - Belgium, Brunei
C - Chile, Czech Republic
D -  Denmark
E - Estonia
F - Finland, France
G - Germany, Greece
H -Hungary
I - Iceland, Ireland, Italy
J -  Japan
L - Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
M -  Malta,  Monaco
N – Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway
P - Portugal
S - San Marino,  Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia,  South Korea, Spain, Sweden,  Switzerland
T - Taiwan
U - United Kingdom